Originally Posted By: Serenity_Now

Matt, enjoy your new preamp, but dont be sour grapes on everyone who decides immersive is for them. smile Your legacy setup will sound amazing when you are done. You will always have the option to adopt later if you want to. But will never have to. Like you said, immersive is a little bit fringe, but will become mainstay once the soundtrack default is DTS:X. Immersive HTIBs are just around the corner.

I am not being sour grapes, or getting down or jealous or anything with those who want to embrace this new technology. I fully support their decision to move in that direction and wish them full heartedly in their endeavour.

All I was saying was that Unless there is a cutoff of the old technology and this new standard is forced onto the masses (like they did with VHS & OTA HDTV) then it will be a niche market that only a few adopters will embrace.

Yes, as the general mass goes out any buys a new receiver from Bestbuy (as Futureshop is now gone) they will get a unit that supports this immersive sound, and it will go out to their two speakers or for the more adventurous, 5.1 speakers and they will see no benefit what so ever.

That does not mean that those who have gotten more speakers or went ahead and installed speakers in the ceiling, or have run a 35.4 speaker setup are going to loose out. They gain the benefit of having taken advantage of what was given to them. Kudo's to them.

I am just saying that the General Public will not. And as a result, I am left to wonder if there will be enough money generated to pay for the added expense of R&D to continue to develop these new idea's or keep supporting what is out there. If customers keep buying DVD's and not Blu-Ray then will the studio's keep paying the extra money to produce two different product skews, or will one of them simply be dropped? if so, which one?

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5