Originally Posted By: DrBones
They are all 8 ohm and it sounds just okay for an office. I want a lot more oomph for when I am doing paperwork!

Maybe I should just move my Axiom M100s to the reception room and party all day!

What you need to better define is what you mean by more Oomph? Is that simply louder? More dynamic range? or sound stage feeling? Each one would be a different implementation

Originally Posted By: Serenity_Now
As for stereo vs mono, usually all speakers are ran in mono so panning across the room doesnt become an annoying distraction.

That is my point. Going mono is then just background noise so you are not sitting in silence or listening to people flip pages of a magazine to stave of bordom while waiting. As for a panning across the room, I guess you don't have your speakers set up very well if that is what you get. When I play my stereo in 2 speaker mode, you do get a different experience from one side of the room to another, but non of the positions are bad. The sound envelops the room and using the sound reflections you get a placement of instruments on the stage.
Now if you were pacing backwards and forwards across the room it would different, but I think if you were doing that, you have more serious issues to deal with than the sound from a pair of speakers.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5