I had posted a few weeks back asking if a sub was needed for a guy who well doesn't care for the boom boom and wondered if a sub was even needed with two M80's and VP180 center that I was quite satisfied with. My intention was well it better be good, 1,400 dollars good or this is going back.

Well needless to say all the advice everyone gave me was correct, i almost don't even know the sub exists but the depth of sound coming from my movie soundtracks has increased. In fact after I ran the calibration with it set to half power my first intention was to turn it down expecting to get calls from the neighbor but as it turns out it was perfect just as is. Next was playing with the crossover. I set the EP500 to 180hz so as to not interfere with the Pioneer calibration and tested 120, 100, 80, 50 and 40hz with all speakers set to small. I ended up settling at 80hz because even though the M80s had no problem going lower the EP500 just produced a better smoother punchier base in that range, even at 100hz it sounded just as good to me with the EP500 playing that high.

Of course I do wonder if the EP350 would have been just as good of an experience at a lot less money but damn the EP500 just looks so good so that's worth something.

So if anyone is on the fence who hates hearing the honda civic with a 1000w sub rolling down the street this is truly the opposite of that. smile