Originally Posted By oakvillematt
I have been watching the 6 month review thread for a bit and am very interested in the results from that. Axiom makes the M50 that gives the tower speaker sound without the extra added bass you get from the 3 way. Think of them like a M22 with a port to breath.

The reason that I mention this is that I don't understand the idea of getting a speaker that performs down to the 40-60hz sound to then cut it off at the knee-caps by moving that sound out to a sub. I understand the reason to do it as a sub is designed to produce that sound far more efficiently with it's own dedicated amp. But why spend that $700+ for the extra bass that the 3 way M80 deliver if you are not going to use that. I think there are far better ways to spend that $700 like on room treatments that will improve the sound far more over the 2-3% boost that you get over what the sub you have can deliver from the M80.

I get what you are saying, but the M50's don't even have a midrange, so I somewhat doubt they would sound appreciably better than what I have. I think the minimum I would consider going is the M60, but even then I think it would be more of a sideways move, while I believe the 80s or 100s would be a step up.