Mojo:

HTS received the M100s with port plugs because that's the way that they are shipped - no knee jerk reaction at all. Unfortunately, the HTS guys didn't find them & didn't use them for their testing & probably didn't read the manual. From their article:

UPDATE: Port plugs are supplied with the M100 speakers. These plugs might be useful in modifying bass response, if desired. We did not test the M100 using these port plugs.

UPDATE: Axiom has contacted us with a very kind reminder that they recommend plugging the bottom three ports on the M100 when locating them close to a wall, and that port plugs are supplied with the speakers to accomplish it. There is even a demonstration video concerning this linked from their website. This would certainly have made a big difference in their performance close to the wall in our review, and might even have given us an easy way to modify their bass response in their optimum setup if we had desired. We simply did not notice the port plugs as we unpacked the M100 speakers.

Our thanks to Axiom for pointing this out and our apologies to Axiom and our readers for the oversight on our part. Please keep this in mind as you read this review.

As an experiment, I made my own Port Plugs for my M3s out of a piece of firm foam rubber cut a little larger than the Port. Press fit them in & they work just fine taming the bass in my placement in corners. So I kept them...

TAM

Last edited by exlabdriver; 06/11/15 11:30 PM.