Originally Posted By oakvillematt
How does the AxiomAir connect to a network computer? or NAS? am I setting it up in the same wifi and then putting in my login credentials using CIFS or SMB or AFP?? You mention on the kickstart about UPnP but that would be a method to stream to the unit from another user interface device. When I am sitting outside 'chillin' I'd still want the best sound quality possible. Does the Air act as the central processor pulling the music from the sources, or is it just a receiving device with a speaker/amp to simply play the music?

Hi Matt,

AxiomAir connects to your NAS or shared network drive through SMB/CIFS or NFS if you're a Linux user.
One of the great features of AxiomAir is that it is BOTH a music server, and a receiver. So you can connect it to your entire music library when you are in the house, with AxiomAir indexing and serving up anything in that library, and then go outside by the pool and stream some tunes from your phone directly to the system. In most cases out there wireless speakers are either servers or receivers...ours is both!

Thanks,

Andrew