Originally Posted By oakvillematt
Ian. Are we going to get the system specs for the new air at some point like we have for all your other speakers? ie, the SPL freq resp graph and +/-3 db range?

I had a good chuckle as Sonos when someone on their forum asked about the frequency response for the Play 5 and was told by one of the company reps:

You're correct, we don't post those specifics. We've found that in most cases with multiple, independently amplified speakers all contained in one unit a simple frequency measurement isn't going to give you a very good idea on how it sounds. We encourage everyone to listen for themselves and make their minds up.

I just think to Dr. Floyd Toole, and well, frequency graphs do give you an idea as to how the speaker will sound.

Just look at an Axiom M3 frequency response graph. That's basically what it is. It would be measuring the same tweeter and the same 6.5' drive unit that is in the Air (same crossover etc). The only thing that should differ greatly is below the Schroeder frequency. The specs state the same frequency response but with the larger box of the ported M3 bookshelf, the amplitude it can put out at the low end should be greater than the Air.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne