There are the two sides to this coin.

I understand that each year the cost of bigger screens seem to come down and the quality that is available will become more cost effective. But I take a look at some of the newer models of TV compared to the 46" TV that I have right now and I would say that the picture quality is not better even though the cost is less unless you go out and get one of the upper models of TV in which case you are paying about the same if not more than I did when I bought this TV 3 years ago.

But there are newer OLED that blows the picture quality away. The cost of these units are just too expensive right now. I don't know if they will drop down to the $1000 mark that I could afford.

Does it make sense just to get some form of TV for the time right now spending as little as possible so that when the cost of the OLED comes down you have not wasted as much money as buying a more expensive TV that will look better right now, but no where nearly as good as the OLED can and does.

Do you spend $500 now for acceptable that is still quite a bit of money considering a good quality TV is $1000

Last edited by oakvillematt; 07/17/15 10:11 PM.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5