Up till 1 am yesterday setting up stereo pair and subs in basement and getting initial impressions. Those initial impressions can take a while. wink fun stuff. I cannot get my dual sb-12nsd subs to pressurize the new room!! Very little tactile response if at all. Although they are extremely smooth and articulate in this space. At the MLP (a folding chair for now grin ) there is very little sign of any null issues so far!! Got lucky. The sound isolation also superficially seems to have worked well, but I still have to finish and remount the doors.

The subs are distant thuds directly above on the main floor. Mids and treble are barely audible. I will have to do proper testing later.

So far the bare room RT60 ranges between .57 to .75 seconds, with an overall .62 which is quite long. The install of carpet reigned this in from the near 2 second mark! Big difference. The time averaged pink response with 2 subs and the mains playing is encouraging so far. Definitely need to bring down the decay times in the low frequencies as they dominate to around 300hz.

Mains with subs pink noise averaged over 30 seconds. (Standing wave test.)