Well, at the spurring of Mojo, bass traps are now in front corners. grin Floor to ceiling 1' wide on the diagonal. They are 90" tall 3" deep 5/8" frames of MDF, lined with roxul and 6mil Poly wrapped on one side (facing into room) to help reject high frequencies. This room needs bass absorbtion while leaving energy in higher frequencies.

With couch and bass traps the overall rt60 is 0.41 seconds (down from 0.61 bare) In real world terms, this means there is better definition in bass and percussion and no noticable ringing or "boing" anymore. The room is starting to sound like it is under some control. The longest decaying octave is still the lowest. But the critical midrange 250hz to 4khz is all very well behaved spanning 0.42-0.45 seconds. I still need to bring it down a bit. I'm thinking I may not need first and second reflection broadband absorbtion. I may turn the second reflection points into poly faced traps to limit high frequency absorbtion. The first reflections will still get broadband traps.

After the traps were installed and some testing and demos, we watched Pacific Rim at reference........ Yeah... So..... More treatment needed. Lol. What a bass heavy gongshow that movie is. Grin fest. My ears hurt. Reference is too loud. But when an actor shouts, its like they are shouting at realistic levels. Kinda neat, but not an everyday thing for me.