I took my 33-year old Snell woofers to where they were purchased to be re-foamed. (Mr. Snell has been dead almost that long!) I brought them back there about 18 years ago to be re-foamed the first time.

"You're about a month too late," said Larry, the original store owner. "He's not being replaced, but I can give you his home phone number. He's working out of his house."

I called Saturday. We agreed on today, and he asked that I meet him in a Burger King parking lot near his house (40 miles away) to hand off the woofers.

I emailed this to Chris. I wrote that if I don't come back, please tell everyone that I died for audio. He replied, "Can I have your M100's?" (Oh, ya got ta have frie-ends...) FTR, I said, "Yes."

Driving rain today; we text earlier and meet at said "BK." Each woofer was in a 4-one-gallon paint-can box. He looked at them and saw that I had the replacement kit with me. I was going to do it, but watched the online video and chickened out. You get only one chance to get it right, or the foam is ruined.

He asked, "Can you wait 20 minutes?"
"You serious?!
"Hey, dude, it's what I do."
"Pissah!," I replied.

"Oh, how much am I going to owe you?"
"How much did I tell you?"
"I never asked."
"$20 ea."
"Awesome, thanks!"
"I'll meet you back here in 20 minutes."

SAS, 20 minutes later, he and they pulled up next to me. I wasn't going to even look at them. I mean, he used to do repairs at THE stereo store, for cripe's sake! He opened the boxes and wanted me to inspect them. They were flawless.

I gave him the $40 and then anther $20 for saving me a second 80+ mile round trip.

Last week, I got a whole pretty new bumper for free, and now my Snells are back in business for chump change with a while-you-wait turnaround. Either life doesn't get any better than this, or my expectations have been seriously diminished through aging.

Last edited by SqBobGodPants; 08/11/15 07:57 PM.

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.