Don would have to be wearing zany golf pants! wink

We watched a few eps of Game of thrones and the screen position seems fine. I think the 1/3 guideline is a sensible one to follow, but in my room we got away with on axis. Did that Idea sprout in a forum. Cant find a legit source for it. Curious.

Since the screen is in place I now have a firm boundary to work with for speaker placement tweaking. I toed in the speakers from 8" off centerline at mlp to 5" off centerline at mlp. So, the speaker's direct on axis energy spread at the mlp went from a 16" spread to 10".

To paint the picture very clearly, this is a miniscule change of maybe 2 degrees or so over the distance from speaker to listener. I also turned the sub level down a little for 2 channel sources. (Music gets 7db less subs than do movies now.). The result is a more present vocalist and overall balance to the phantom image.

Here is the result to date. The 2-4khz valley is better. The rest is up to treatments now. Chasing the last few dbs of flatness.

Screen installed, with bass traps, sofa and speakers and subs dialed in. 1/12 octave measurement, pink noise averaged over 30seconds. (I average the tests because the exact position of the mic on the ipad wavers as I hold it-- super accurate I know, but the trends between tests show it is consistent and predictable. smile )

Last edited by Serenity_Now; 08/16/15 05:35 PM.