howdy people, it's been a while since i last posted here, hope everyone is doing great. i currently have a 7.1 and my four surround channel speakers are QS8's mounted close to the ceiling height around 6'8" to center of speaker. i'm going to upgrade to ATMOS to a 7.1.4 configuration by the end of this year or by/before end of quarter one 2016.

my thought is this, use the existing wiring i have for current surrounds and use them for ATMOS speakers, run new wires to re-use the QS8's. so, my question is, how do the QS8's sound at the seated ear level? the closest listening position to the physical speaker would be about 4'+.

i've never heard the QS8's at ear level so, i don't know how they would sound. i expect they will sound just as good, but, i want to have some folks who currently have theirs mounted at seated ear level heights.

i plan on having 4 ceiling mounted speakers for ATMOS but i want to keep my QS8's for surround no question, i love the huge surround field they produce and have for years!

thank you in advance to everyone who chimes in. please, please i really want to hear from folks who either currently do have their speakers (QS8's) at seated ear level height or those who don't, but, have actually heard them (QS8's) at seated ear level. and yes, i'd like to know if you like it or don't like it at that height.

again, thanks to everyone who responds and as usual, lets keep it civil. wink

SonySXRD55"
Marantz AV7702MKII pre-amp
Emotiva XPA-5,UPA-2amps,
14 Speakers, All Axiom
Oppo 105D&93