Sometimes it's worth it to beat a dead horse.....

I've reviewed some "ideal" room layout sites again and am reconsidering some ideas I passed on before.
If I change the room as is now drawn, I will lose 2 of the 4 adult seats and will be reducing my screen size considerably (100" diagonal to 80")
In making the changes I'll have my seat on the 38% mark, my fronts will be another 17" further into the room and will be closer together. The image size conveniently matches the width of the fronts.
According to the THX reccomendations my seats will be right where they should be with the screen size.
I also gain access to the window behind the screen, will have room for a ladder, and will be able to use both in the event of a fire. It is a relatively sound proof room, you'd never really know until it's too late...its been bugging me for a while.
So, I guess the advice I seek is would you place your speakers 65 inches into a room? It is a dedicated space and potentially I'll be improving both the image and sound stage.
It's going to look funny though. When you walk into the room you'll see wall of AT screen material (10' w x 6.5' t), the projected image will only be 80" diagonal.

Last edited by brwsaw; 12/23/15 02:51 AM.