Originally Posted By chesseroo
Originally Posted By nickbuol
To me, I was under the impression that

I could cut this off here Nick as it demonstrates my point.
The impression/opinion = ASSUMPTION people form these days is that something will be ready soon, instantly, shortly, more so than the thought "hey, i wonder if this could take awhile for a finished product" or "there is evidence a prototype is in development enough for me to support the Kickstarter idea, but as a generally sane individual i KNOW that technology creation (e.g. CRT tvs exist for decades from B&W to colour to flat screens to big screens then finally in the 2000s decade almost 20 years for -- LCD--LED--OLED tvs...) still takes years to develop to a finished product, if ever".

Quote:
they were working on the kinks way back then, but were close to having a product ready to go. With all of the time since then I would say that they don't want "a" product ready, but then want a quality product ready.

No doubt Axiom will only release a fairly solid product before releasing it and even then, after it ships it will also no doubt have revisions after the masses find faults during large scale field testing.

Some of the new developments which i saw during my first tour of the factory in 2004, didn't come to fruition as completed products for years. It was lip biting to keep the secret quiet on the upcoming DSP subwoofers back then until they were released!

Exactly. I am making the same point... It appeared, to an outside observer (me), that they just had tweaks left to do, but to them they wanted to get it up to the Axiom standard before releasing it and that is taking time. They don't want a half-baked product going out.

Farewell - June 4, 2020