Matt - I am still officially listed as a dealer for Crown products, and am quite familiar with the XLS line.

I am currently still running the ADA-1000 into the LFR's, even though I added an ADA-1500-4 into the system (planning on using the 1000 for the upstairs theater). The reason I have not swapped the 1500 into the system yet is twofold:

1. It's been a zoo around here with kids home from college, 2016 planning for my financial services company .. etc ...

2. The ADA-1000 is just plain so good I have not been tempted to move it out and the 1500 in.

It's a premium product with a commensurate feel to it, and is hand built. The Crown stuff is basically Behringer quality, made in China gear, and feels like it.

Crown's upper end gear like Macro Tech gets that high end feel, but the lower price stuff doesn't.

The lower price stuff will have fan noise, and is prone to clipping harshly. The ADA-1000 will never make a bad noise, even when pushed.

The ADA-1000 will still be going strong in 10 years. The Crown will likely be your third or 4th amp in ten years.

For overall feel, it is somewhat like purchasing close to Bryston quality for a fraction of the cost.

That was my personal purchase decision - your decision and thoughts may differ from mine.