Originally Posted By exlabdriver
My wife advised me that the 'Revenant' guy went off on his usual 'greenie' agenda - as expected.

This from a hypocrite who's 'carbon footprint' is exponentially higher than any other mere mortal on this planet, much like Gore's & Suzuki's. Do as I say, not as I do - from that elite crowd.

The Revenant, nor anything else that he does, is not on my 'to watch' list...

TAM

Oh, like so totally! (I have no idea where that "valley girl" thing just came from!)

You cannot own multiple homes around the country and/or around the globe and commute between them by private jet and be allowed one word on the topic of "green." Al Whore's ATL house is over 12,000 sq. ft.! The landscaping and swimming pool(s) put his property in the "high use" category, so he pays a surcharge for the excess consumption. I will bet my M100's that it is still fully air-conditioned when no Gore is anywhere NEAR the state of Georgia.

However, if we are going to go there, and apparently we have, then if you are driving a 4-door, F350 Lariat Super Duty "doolie" to commute------anywhere, then you are using way more than your fair share of gas while simultaneously contributing far more emissions.

The, "well, they're not that green" list is endless; ??? faithfully recycle everything your town will take, re-use paper and plastic bags and baggies, compost all possible waste, buy existing housing, used tools, etc.???

I'm hardly a termite-loving tree hugger, but it takes, like, six 75'-tall pine trunks to keep a kid in Pampers (registered TM) for 2 years. Our standard of living in N.A. will be less and less sustainable as the globe reaches, in this century, it's maximum population of 9 billion.

I once saw an aerial video of few acres of land with an avg. house and garage. Also on the land was everything one family would consume in a lifetime. NOT after the kids left home, just to "raise a family of 2, live there until and after retirement, then croak." Laid out on the grass were 8 cars, 5 washers, 6 dryers, 5 refrigerators, 4 sofas, a couple dozen chairs, toys, bikes, beds, beds, beds, athletic/beach/boating gear, 8 TV's, computers, gaming crap, phones, heaps of clothing, linens and shoes that could surround and blot out the house, mounds and mounds of foodstuffs, from meat to candy, paper goods, disposable plastics, construction demo rubble (that stone counter top from 12 years ago that's starting to look a bit shabby and cracked), a bath tub, 3 toilets, GALLONS of paint---it was nuts. And then there was the water. OM-G, the water.

I know the person doing this report probably has 3 houses by now, but it really changed the way I look at everything I consume.

I consider myself by no means green enough to preach. However, I can still judge others. (You're supposed to laugh, you self-righteous bastard.)

Always call the place you live a house. When you're old, everyone else will call it a home.