After some initial testing with some M3’s vs Qs8’s as surrounds in an atmos setup..came to the following conclusions mind you I’m no expert or pretending to be also all my testing done in my specific Ht room and realize that different rooms can yield different results… that said I have to say we all know these are very different speakers, the qs8’s diffuse more and and the m3’s have a more direct and precise sound (without knowing exact dispersion angle). The test I did was using DTS Atmos 2015 demo disc, must say that in some tracks the qs8 shined vs m3 in other cases m3 was better than the qs8. The tracks where wide dispersion sound was present in the surrounds like Phil harmonic or a crowd clapping the qs8 were better as well as the track with Enrique Billando. Where track needed to pinpoint a certain sound like broken glass where sound field was very precise the m3’s were better. I will also point out my side walls very close to my seating area and the rear speakers (side & back surrounds and rear in-ceiling) are in a tight pattern, the qs8 in this situation help out to disperse the sound more in this tight area, all in all both speakers had their own advantages and both worked well but was there a night & day difference… no, in the end I did prefer the qs8’s being that wide field is a little more present than the precise content that I listen to. I also did a test with the in-ceiling speakers and and found the qs8’s did not work good at all in a ceiling situation for atmos.

hope this helps...

7.1.4 * MRX1120 * M100s * 180HP * 4x M3-on walls * 4x M3-IC * dual XV15se * Shakers