Presently the earth is still coming out of the end of an ice age. In another 10,000 years or so, my wonderful lush green island off the west coast (where I have grown a 20 foot palm tree) most likely will be under a hundred feet or more of ice, just like it has been in the recent (geologically) past. It is a natural cycle that will continue until our sun eventually destroys the planet.

Improvements & regulations made in pollution controls over the past decades is most welcome, after all, we don't want to crap on our own doorstep; however, humans have made only minimal impact on climate. It would be nice though, if we could stop & even decrease world population levels so that remaining resources are sustainable for a reasonable standard of living for everyone. But it seems that this will not happen as religious & cultural beliefs are not on side with this notion.

In the end, the earth is going to do what it wants to. All of the Carbon Taxes, Carbon Offsets & wealth redistribution schemes dreamed up by these hypocritical environmentalist gurus won't change a thing except to make most of our wallets lighter & a few others in the third world more wealthy.

Let's hope that when they all go to the next big climate conference in some exotic place in a foreign land - many on the taxpayers' dime - that they all walk and/or swim there to prove that they are really environmentally conscious. That way their carbon footprint will truly be minimal, unlike that last big party in Paris where a good time was had by all. Canada sent 383 delegates - more than the UK, Australia and US combined - preposterous! It's OK, just add the bill to our national debt.

Many, many tons of petroleum products were consumed (burned thus releasing nasty CO2) to make this gathering happen. Somehow I suspect that evil pipelines, tanker trains & monstrous oil tankers were involved at sometime during the process of transporting the delegates from all over the world there & back.

Hypocrisy at its finest...

TAM

Last edited by exlabdriver; 03/07/16 01:29 AM.