I think that they are looking really good. I lightly sanded and put on the 2nd coat late this morning, and they look really good. they are still "hanging" and I waited several hour before turning the heaters on so that the Floetrol could do its thing. I connected up a few shop lights while spraying this time, and I *think* that I didn't miss anything, but I am not 100% certain.

I then spent a huge part of my day trying to use fish tape to fish some string in my theater ceiling for pulling speaker wires. WHAT A PAIN! I have to run the wires into the crown molding, which seems like a good idea, except the fact that cutting down below the line of sight so that they wires aren't visible has proven very difficult. I will be doing some touchup on the crown molding, and then one of my drill bits slipped a little bit and chewed into my LED lighting. Dang it. I will have to fix that another day. When I moved my screen wall forward a little more than a foot, I left the extra LED lights still connected, so I will just have to cut out the damaged section and solder the strip back together. Easy enough, but will still be about a 60 minute job.

So now I have 4 holes in my ceiling, and 2 in my soffit. I need to cut one more hole into the soffit, and then another hole back by the equipment rack to put the connector plate (which doesn't arrive until Wednesday).

Everything is so full of drywall dust. I hate drywall dust. SOOO much cleanup, and that was with me taking a lot of things out of the room (equipment, acoustic panels, etc) and using drop cloths. It just gets everywhere...

Well, I should get back to it. I would love to get the wires at least roughed in and if possible get the speakers in the house from the garage. I am nervous about them because of the flat paint being prone to scratches, but I think that I have a plan... Put the ports back in to the bottom and just stand them up on a clean work table in the basement. That will work until I get my "pigtails" for the speakers put together another day and then I can put them completely back together.

I also need to make my ceiling mounts yet. I have the angles sorted out, but it is always more complicated than it looks and of course the mounts WILL scuff the paint on the back. I was very temped early on to just mask off the back and then put black enamel paint on it, but oh well.

Oh, and here is a great one...

I asked my wife about a month ago about the speakers for the ceiling. When I held up one of my existing Boston Cherry ones, I asked her how it looked. She thought that I was asking about speakers on the ceiling, and I was asking about the color.

Anyway, she wasn't keen on the idea and gave me sort of a "meh" response. So I took that to mean, "no, I don't like the cherry against the dark brown ceiling" so I got paintable speakers.

I found out yesterday that she actually LIKED the Boston Cherry look. Ugh. I could have saved a lot of headaches had I just gotten more in the B.C. finish.

Oh well, it isn't worth the $120 to ship them back and swap out, so I painted them as originally planned.

Well, back at it. More dust, YAY!

Farewell - June 4, 2020