So the overhead speakers are (finally) up and the layout looks "scientifically" correct. I am still not a huge fan of how far down the front speakers hang in order to get the angles correct for 2 rows of seats, but at least they are no longer blocking the image (doh).

I got them all up last night, and then decided that I should test them out, which I should have done when the speakers first arrived.

I plugged in one of my "patch cables" from my Onkyo into the overhead wall panel, which the wiring also had never been tested either. Right off the bat, something was wrong with the first speaker. All highs, no lows, thought for a minute that it must be Bose... Ok, so let me try another... Same thing. OK, let me try one of my regular surrounds, and they sounded fine. OK. I knew already what the problem was...

Upon reassembly, I connected the woofer to the tweeter connections and the tweeter was connected to the woofer wiring inside the speakers. I knew that I should have 1) noted which color wires went to which (tweeter vs woofer), 2) when I wasn't sure, I should have looked at the labels on the crossover itself (which is labeled) instead of trusting which wires happened to be closer to the tweeter hole and which were closer to the woofer hole, which obviously got jostled around during the painting process.

Anyway, it wasn't difficult, but it was a pain to swap the wiring around a bit just due to needing an extra set of hands (one to hold the woofer, and the other set to make the connections), but about 40 minutes later, everything was connected as it should be.

Fired up the Onkyo again, and sure enough, 1000% better. All 4 speakers and their wiring worked wonderfully.

So tonight starts out with a massive cleaning of the room. Most of the tools have been removed, but the drywall dust will take a while. I am going to grab the shop vac so suck up as much as possible, then use my air compressor and a nozzle and blow air along the ceiling, walls, and work my way down. Let things settle a bit, and vacuum the floor a few times depending on how much gets kicked up. The last thing will be wiping down surfaces... Dry wiping of the walls, and probably a wet wipe down of the seats, which will take a few times to get all of the dust as that stuff gets everywhere, and when it gets wet it just smears around.

Anyway, here is a snapshot from about midnight last night just to show the side surrounds and overheads. It is a slight panoramic image, so there is obviously some distortion. Oh, and yes, I should have removed the popcorn machine before working in there. That will be fun to clean too.

Lastly, the Anthem MRX-1120 should FINALLY make it back to me from Canada. A replacement was supposed to be picked up from the Anthem/Paradigm factory last Thursday, but there was an ice storm which caused them to lose power and they were closed because of it, they were also closed for Good Friday, it was picked up yesterday only to find out that the Canadian postal service is closed for "Easter Monday." But today should be the day that it heads my way. Hopefully I will have it by Friday.

Farewell - June 4, 2020