It's one thing to be opinionated, Alan, it's another to be arrogant and contemptuous. I have several solid state amplifiers, which I like. Kenwood KA9100, Yamaha M80, Integra M504, Odyssey Khartago, Anthem PVA, They have their strong points. I've used them all with Axiom speakers and various sources (Sony ES CDPs, Ah! Njoe Tjoeb, Marantz NS, MMF 7.1 turntable). I have an Antique Sound Labs MG S1 15dt, 5 wpc SET integrated tube amp. (tested at 8wpc with 6550 tubes.)

My best sounding system, is the tube distortion generator. We have a southern California jazz/audio group. My opinion as to the superiority of this tube amp to the others is shared by most of the others in our group. That is not to put down solid state, but to make the case, based on real world experience, that the tube amp simply reproduces music that many observers conclude sounds more life like.

I particularly like playing Mussorsgky's Pictures from an Exhibition, Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, Rene Leibowitz conducting, and watching the impact of the stunning attack of the French Horns on the listeners. Female vocals, are simply, sweeter, and more life-like. I find the music more involving.

Now, I know your tastes are very elevated, and it must be difficult for you to suffer those who have not attained your level of audio snobbery. That was made apparent to me when I sent you a CD of Ed Gerhard's music as I thought some of the cuts showed off Axiom speakers very favorably. When I did not hear from you I contacted you and asked whether you had received the CD. You informed me that you had but the music was not to your taste.

I got your measure then, Alan. Anyway, I like my heat producing distortion generator for music reproduction. I prefer solid state for my computers.

Enjoy the music.

Enjoy the Music. Trust your ears. Laugh at Folks Who Claim to Know it All.