Originally Posted By Yvasse
I'm having problems connecting to my Air, here's what's happening.

I received my Air on Friday, I brought it to the cottage for the weekend. When I got there, I did the initial setup with my iPad, everything went as advertised. I then brought the Air on my WiFi so I could control it from Chrome with the WebUI and retain my internet connection from the iPad. I was so impressed with the sound that I let it play music pretty much for the whole weekend, it sounds as good if not better than my outdoor M3's. But I digress.

I brought the Air back home on Sunday, after turning it on, it went in hot spot mode (blue and red lights flashing), I tried reconnecting to it with the same iPad, the iPad could see it and connect to its hot spot (I confirmed by looking at the IP assigned to the iPad: 192.168.211.2). I then tried to connect to the WebUI (192.168.211.1), but it wouldn't connect. I also tried to use it as an AirPlay device, but couldn't see it.

I also tried the same thing from a Mac, but still can't connect to the WebUI or as an AirPlay device. I confirmed that my Mac connected to the Air hot spot and also can see the IP assigned to my Mac (192.168.211.3).

Short of renaming my home network to be the same as the cottage one, is there anything else that can be done to regain access to the Air? I plan to take the Air back and forth between home and the cottage and other locations (read networks), I'd like to have a simple solution to get the air to join various networks.

Thanks ahead for any assistance.

It's a strange behaviour indeed, I'll try to replicate your steps and see if there's any bug that produces the same outcome.

However, the ability to connect to different networks (and retain them) is on our TODO list!