Ian,

I used my AA for the first time this last week out of my network (camping trip). It was a bit scary to set up. Here's what happened, and my recommendations.

The AA started broadcasting as expected (flashing blue light). When I tried to connect, I picked the AA hotspot, but then it asked if I would like to join a network. The campsite had wireless, so I said sure. Well, that was a mistake. Once it was on the campsite network, I could no longer communicate with the AA.

After trying many things (even disconnecting the battery... Man that sucker is big), I knew I had to leave the network range. So, I packed up the AA and drove off the campsite. Once I was out of range I was able to reconnect, then say NO! for joining any networks, as there were other ones in range. I was worried that when I came back to the campsite that it would automatically reconnect, but thank goodness it didn't.

My recommendations would be:

1) Make sure that in any further updates that the AA "forgets" old networks and asks you for a password every time. This was a lifesaver.

2) Think about adding a hard button to forget networks on the AA. Too late for me, but it would be a big help for others in the future if they make this same (easy to make) mistake.

3) See if there is a way that once you figured everything out and you can use the AA interface without a network, to be able to stream music to the AA without the interface, like using iTunes, Pandora, or whatever on the phone. The AA interface is still green, and on top of that, my USB drive was a couple of months out of date. It would be great to be able to pick the AA as an output device on the road, just as easily as I can do it on my home network.

But in the end, it all worked out and we had the best sound in the entire campground! Thanks again Ian!!!!

LFR1100 Actives,QS10HPx2,QS8x2,EP800,M3x4,M3x2 (Wood),M5HPx2 (Wood),AxiomAir,ADA1500-8,ADA1500-7