I used to post a lot here, but my Axiom message board time essentially got replaced with Facebook and iPhone games like Simpsons: Tapped Out and now Pokemon Go.

When I joined in 2006, this web site was my social media in toto. I joined Facebook in 2008 and the transition began. The people that I used to group PM with here have formed a private Facebook page that serves the same purpose. The Facebook app makes it so easy.

I have had the same thoughts on the decline of the message boards. It is sad, because the boards have introduced me to fabulous new friends. The 30th anniversary meet-up at Axiom HQ in 2010 was one of the best weekends of my life, and that's no hyperbole. Meeting so many people I'd talked to online was a real hoot. Lasting friendships were made.

The 35th anniversary meet-up, by contrast, I did not attend. I admit to a kind of "been there done that" mentality and realize that it cost me a chance to meet some of the newer guys that have frequented the boards.

So, nothing sinister about it - I swear that our secret cabal has not had this on our agenda. Yes, I admit to the existence of the cabal - it's just that we don't discuss cables and vinyl at our meetings - just beer and bacon. Have a good one, everybody.

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica.