Thanks for the replies, since I first made this thread I've had a chance to do a bit more research on mini tube amps and came across the musical paradise MP-301 (link below). It seems like a very well reviewed integrated tube amp (with tubes for pre and power sections). You also get the option of using it as a headphone tube amp and it supports two inputs. It's significantly pricier than the TubeCube, but at the same time it's a big step up in quality and power, you get 6.5W per channel as opposed to 3.5W, not a huge jump but will give more headroom for the speakers.

http://www.musicalparadise.ca/store/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=54

I'm personally now leaning towards picking up the musical paradise, especially as I'm in Canada so it's harder for us with the terrible USD > CAD FX to get a good deal from any US based re sellers, even the tube cube after FX and customs is not that big of a bargain compared to the MP301.

2x6spds, I had been considering the monoprice hybrid amp, but I'm leaning towards a true tube amp with pre amp and power tube sections. My main set up uses solid state amps, so I figure for my office I might as well do a complete 180 and try a full tube set up with a turntable.

For turntables I've been eyeing the audiotechnica lp120 or a fluance rt81 (small Canadian manufacturer). The AT is very well reviewed, but a bit more than I'd like to spend, the Fluance is right in the sweet spot for price, but has some quality control issues from what I've read. Haven't had a chance to read too much into turntables or cartridges yet as I've been looking mostly at amps so far.

Any recommendations are welcome

PS. Just out of curiosity, how do you integrate a separate powered sub into a system with the M3s and a tube amp? Do you need to buy a separate crossover or how does that all work? Sorry noob question

Last edited by Escaron; 11/25/16 04:04 PM.