Originally Posted By Socketman
I would rather be poked in the eye with a sharp stick than have to sit through another movie with Melissa McCarthy. The produces could have had a good movie if they had not chosen her.

Avoid her movie The Boss. Brutal!

Bridgman, it does have a boost 25hz and 35hz mode that I only superficially messed with. I didnt take measurements in those modes. The 25hz peak is definitely responsible for the bass grunt in my room (there is a moment in Battle for Los Angeles where a helicopter takes off that really grips the room, I measured it at 25hz right after finishing the movie to be sure, no one seemed to mind. Lol.)

I was present in the room taking these measurements with the sweeps (wearing earplugs) but I wasnt in the mlp or seating row. A slow sweep downward from 200-10hz revealed strong room vibrations at both resonant frequencies. With the DSPeaker, these vibrations were reduced considerably.

Putting energy back into 25hz with the boost function didn't restore the tactile feeling pre-dsp while testing with the Star Wars falcon scene. I will test a little more if I have time soon. Christmas season is here.... not decorated yet. Yikes!

Last edited by Serenity_Now; 12/12/16 09:22 AM.