Originally Posted By nickbuol
I would have loved to use the spray foam for thermal insulation in my basement. Not that I notice any drafts or leaks, but it is also a nice moisture barrier. I will would have gone with full soundproofing of my theater in addition to that, but having that extra barrier would have been nice.

Question, If you have a drop ceiling going in, then why so much conduit? My father-in-law is a huge fan of drop ceilings because you don't need things like conduit to run additional wires, etc.

Not criticizing, just wanting to understand where you are going with that.

I did the spray foam specifically for moisture prevention. It also helps to stiffen up the metal studs. I wasn't sure how thick the spray foam was going to be, so I ran conduit everywhere. Just in case the bays filled up and made chasing wire difficult. I'm a big fan of conduit it too, ran it throughout my entire house. Makes changing a wire a 10 minute job.

Originally Posted By Serenity_Now
Looks like the conduit is stubbed into the ceiling space and stops to run free air from there. Is the AV cabinet above the sump pit access? Good idea.

Looking good so far! I can see the dog cave. smile

Edit: Dont forget line of sight light switch locations if you plan on an ir control setup and allowing for an ir sensor on your front wall back to a repeater in your av cabinet. smile

Ha, thanks. The dog cave was my wife's idea. I was originally going to but the AV cabinet under the stairs, but it would have had to face the screen. I didn't want any distracting lights so I moved it to the corner. I had to build something to conceal the sump, so it seemed like a perfect fit. Although I still need to decided what I am doing with the other sump (opposite corner). I have a few ideas brewing.

I plan on using a Harmony RF remote, they are my go to universal remotes. No direct line of sight needed smile.

Last edited by mikecoscia; 01/11/17 08:18 PM.