I got a Fitbit One to replace my Fitbit Zip. I wanted the rechargeable battery, and the tracking of floors climbed was a bonus, although the accuracy of that seems to be lacking. It's supposed to do sleep monitoring, too, but I won't utilize that feature since you need to strap it to your wrist to get that, and the reason I got the One was to keep my fitness tracking as a pocket endeavor. I'm not into the bracelet thing. In any case, I think I'm happy enough with the upgrade, if only for the battery.

I'm not doing anything special to actually get into better shape. My job still keeps me active (25-30k steps on normal work days), and I do try to do a couple of walks on the weekends as well. I should really get an ab workout into my schedule.

I ran a half-marathon back in September with zero training. As in, absolutely no runs leading up to it. Forced myself to run the whole thing, despite my body complaining early on. An hour and 53 minutes, which I was happy with. I beat the two people from work who I knew were running it. Of course, I couldn't walk well for a couple of days, while they were fine. But yeah, I'd say a half-marathon is the most I can do without training. This makes me think a marathon is certainly doable for me if I can get into the habit of running. That's a big if.

One of my coworkers wants to take me to her gym to compete on the stairs. She's pretty cocky, thinking she'll mop the floor with me. She is 14 years younger, so maybe. I'm giving her my decommissioned Fitbit Zip tomorrow so we can do challenges on there, too.

What are you guys doing for physical activity in 2017?