Originally Posted By Socketman
So are these your own design or are they based on a kit. I wish i could get something going out in the shop but i have no need for anymore speakers and no money but plenty of BLAH LOL. Looking forward to following along with ya.

Are you kidding? I am far too cowardly, cheap, skeptical and did I mention green, to embark on such a courageous mission. Actually, I have been looking at DIY kit designs for years and almost made some a while back. So this will be a modified kit build. Being the overthinker I am, I asked for the book Acoustics:Sound Fields and Transducers for Christmas. It definitely underlined that fact I wouldn't have a sober clue of where to start on my own for now. grin Cold fusion level math on those pages..... I know enough to know I just don't know enough yet. And they gotta just work without an iterative process (I am already on the wall pleading with the firing line wink )

So here we go. We are building a tried, tested and perhaps a little tired, forum favourite, Jim Holtz's Statement IIs. Das a lotta imitation lumba!

Princess Auto finally came to the Island. So my rack got a remix! They sell bearing platters there that are suitable for a bunch of weight. We field tested in the store Chubby Checker style and I could twist no prob. So a few zips of the saw with my existing shelving, a few laughs and beers, some leftover paint and $14 later...

A spinning AV rack that allows access to the gear's rear without cable fear. A bit of a sidebar quest, but if anyone wants to make one I can recommend this part.

http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/1-000-lb-turntable-bearing/A-p8148504e