Yeah, building the brain was a part I wanted to be sure on so I paid close attention. Plus, there are a few builds out there where people messed up so I had the opportunity to learn from them.

So everyone can follow along if they want to here are the build plans.

http://www.speakerdesignworks.com/Statementsautocadlayout.pdf

Yesterday we got busy making circles with the Jasper Jig. This thing is a must have and my build pal was sure to run away with it at the end of the day. It is just great. We're taking our time to make sure all angles are covered and making it a buddy project. More fun that way. smile Time to stop and smell the MDF. mmmmmmmm.

Anyway, here is where we are at. The panels are all cut and marked out for holes. We might hold off on the baffle cutouts; not wanting to rely on the shop drawings being 100% accurate.

Here are the lower base cutouts to accommodate the bottom firing port. Part D on sheet 4 of the drawings. We cut out the back to allow the port to breath better so sitting high off the carpet wasn't an essential thing to do.

Here is the upper base section where the port mounts. Part E in the drawing. The port mounts in it and passes up through part G into the cabinet. Nice flush mount. Where there is space behind between the port plastic and cutouts should I fill with resin or something? Foam?

And here are the shelf braces, Part H. We decided to double the thickness of them and router the top and bottom edges. The idea is to beef up the longest span of cabinet without altering the plan or volume too much. Part L is shown in the pic as well. The woofer facing edge is rounded on these braces.

Now to lightly sand all the edges to de-burr before dry fitting everything. Almost time to glue these monsters up. To save time and sanity we are going to glue, clamp and air nail these suckers so we don't have to make gluing a lifestyle for a couple weeks.

Today is a holiday so I might get started on building the spike feet. Pics on this later.