Little stuff on the big ship as they say. smile A little patch on the back should be out of sight I hope.

Good weekend. The cabinets are together and the baffles are gluing up. The plan calls for a 3/4" and 1/2" MDF piece to be laminated together for the baffles. It seemed best to glue them all at once stacked up to save on clamps. There is only 8 on hand here. It was all going well until I noticed 8 clamps wasn't covering enough real estate. Aha! I could shift the clamps around and drive long screws through all the layers where the driver cutouts will be. It was going very well until the last screwhead broke off driven in all the way. lol. A future adventure.

I forgot to post up a pic of the 3/8" threaded rod DIY spikes. These will thread through the bases from above to jack up the speakers and level them. There were some decent wood knobs at the local craft store that should work well to dress the top up. Have to decide on gloss black or stain to match the cabinet sides or metallic brass paint to match the threaded rod and hardware. hmmmm. Sharpening the rod was a 3 step process. Angle grinder, belt sander and a modified "drill doctor" drill bit sharpener. I think I invalidated the warranty when I bored a hole through the side to use like a pencil sharpener. grin Worked great though. If you ever do this clamp your workpiece down!! Kinda dangerous.

DIY 7" Spikes closeup

Another weekend in the books. I'm pumped. Fun stuff.