There is nothing that Mojo said that i can disagree with, i am not a speaker designer but i did stay at the Holiday Inn. Here's the thing about speakers, there is no formula for the perfect speaker. They all sound different to different people, in different rooms. I can not even grasp how many drivers that are available for purchase never mind the ones that are proprietary. Speaker design has come a long way what with modeling software and lessons learned from previous models and god knows how many hours someone like Ian spent in the anechoic chamber. At what point is enough , enough. Is the wood dense enough, too dense do i have enough stuffing the list is endless. Mojo mentioned resonance, now does the cabinet resonance detract from your enjoyment or add to it or is it hidden in the music. I think it depends on how critical of a listener you are. I mean how i listen to music and how my dad does/did are entirely different. Different music requires different listening styles.

I built with axiom driver because i was familiar with them and knew i couldnt F" it up to bad. I did end up putting quite a bit of poly in to bolster the low end as it was a bit thin, but also i did not port them. I dont think a lot of stuffing is needed for a ported design. My M80's have only a few ounces of poly in them. Honestly i say build them listen to them and then start with samll amounts of poly and work your way up.

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry