I got mine today and wasted no time getting them hooked up. The short of it is - I like them a lot! I clearly hear fuller mids and more low end as compared to my M22s, and the difference is not subtle. I'd like to compare them directly against the M3s too, but my son absconded with those. Going only on memory, I'd say the M5s are big league M3s.

Being use to the M22 I went back and forth whether I liked the M5 more or not, but I'm now nearly convinced I will given more than 90 minutes play time. My only hesitation is I only got to compare them on blues, rock, and jazz before the network adapter on my receiver crapped out. I would have liked to compare them using classical too, where the flatness of the M22s might win the day (but I'm way too lazy to go dig out the CDs).

The side by side was done in my 13'x14' "music room", but the M5s are targeted for my home theater room where I think they'll be ideal. I ran them at 100, 80, 60, and 40hz, with and without a sub. While they get low, I don't think you'd want to use them without a sub. At this point I'm going to keep the crossover at 80hz, but getting a much richer sound at that point.

Also, I had no problem with volume using a Yamaha RX-V671 receiver (so nothing out of the ordinary). I did have to crank it a little more to get to 87db, but still had amp capacity when I stopped. Of course, this was still in that 13'x14' room; a larger room might be enough to trip over into dedicated amp teritory; we'll see when I put them in the 14'x22' theater room (which has a similar RX-V673 Yamaha).