Installed the screen this Sunday! Only took me 6 hours...lol. I got the entire thing together only to realize I missed installing a small angle bracket in each corner. So, I had to remove the bezel and the entire screen to get to the frame again. Ah well, it's up and no wrinkles!

The hardest part was keeping it level. It mounts on four small brackets, two on top and two on the bottom. If my drop ceiling was perfectly level it would have been fine. Of course, it is off slightly. I ended up sticking my magnetic level on the ceiling grid, shimming the one end and cutting a wood block to butt up against it for each of the top bracket locations. I then hung the screen and traced the bottom for the bottom brackets. Unfortunately, the screen looks slightly crooked because the floor and ceiling are not level. Can’t tell when the lights are off though. I’m sure it will look better when I level the center channel with the adjustment feet.

I did a quick alignment with the projector on the screen. I still have to replace the ceiling tiles near it, so didn’t go crazy. However, I did notice one issue. It looks like the projected image is not filling the screen entirely. The projector displays a grid when adjusting the lens focus, zoom, and shift functions. If I align the sides of the grid to the edge of the screen, the top 1” and bottom 1” of the screen are unlit. If I zoom out to make the projected image larger and fill in the vertical space, the sides then spill out onto the wall. It’s almost as if the projector or the screen are not a true 16:9. I did tilt the projector and use an excessive amount of keystoning. I am going to relevel it and trying using the image shift exclusively. Keystoning digital manipulates the image anyway and I should be avoiding it if possible. Taking a trip down to FL tomorrow for a few days, so it will have to wait until I get back next week.

I’ll wrap up the projector next weekend, then it’s time to buy the receiver and start wiring everything up. Getting close to a functional room!