I had to start wearing glasses about a year ago. Still trying to get used to them. It's been a hard fight. Guess I'm lucky that it took 50 years of life to start going blind.....

In my great room, I have been using a 55" Panasonic plasma TV. We sit about 12' away from it. I also have the home theater room with a 8' 2.35 screen where we watch movies. The TV is just for incidental boob tube watching and football season with friends.

Motion blur drives me crazy and I kinda hate the idea of getting rid of the plasma. It's great for motion.

I may be able to fit a 75" TV where it needs to go, which is above the fireplace mantel. I ordered a Mantle Mount brand TV mount and need to get it installed to determine if I can squeeze a 75" above the mantle. I know a 65" will fit.

I was in Best Buy the other day, and a surprisingly knowledgeable salesman was showing me TV's.. I was ready to buy a Samsung UN65MU8500F that was on sale (non-curved). The sales guy kept trying to talk me into buying a Sony model that was similarly priced. He said the Sony was a better TV. At that point, I decided to hold off and do my own research.

I do have a budget. I had planned to spend up 2500. No need for one of the OLED's. I figured HDR and a 240 motion rate would suit my needs well enough for this viewing area.

So here I am, hat in hand asking for input......My favorite place to go for AV and computer advice. smile