Hi Michael d,
My sympathies go out to you on having to start wearing glasses. I had to start wearing them when I was in my 40s, when I became a full-time magazine editor. Staring at the computer monitor all day accelerated the deterioration of my distance vision. (I still don't need them for close-up work).

Anyway, I recently picked up an LG Ultra-HD 4k 65-inch Smart TV, which I do find quite stunning, after my old Samsung 50-inch HD rear-projection finally gave up, after 13 years of service.

I could as easily have bought a Samsung 4K Ultra-HD 65-inch, which was on display beside the LG; they were indistinguishable, one from the other. I don't recall seeing any Sony sets at the time, but I can't imagine it being superior to the Samsung or LG.
I did look at OLED, but again, as in the past, despite the rhapsodic reviews of some former colleagues, I was underwhelmed. They just didn't look great, or even as good as the LGs and Samsungs. I certainly had the budget for an OLED, but they didn't measure up.

By the way, I have detected absolutely no motion artifacts at all in the LG, and I didn't see any in the Samsungs on display. I sit about 8 or 10 feet back from the LG, and I recall thinking that I might have been tempted by the 75-inch, but from a practical standpoint, it would have been just too large for the corner location in my average-sized apt. living room.

The astonishing thing is that the LG was much less expensive than the old Samsung HD rear-pro, when the latter was introduced, and the image quality is so vastly superior (and no spinning color wheel!)

I don't think you can go wrong with either an LG or Samsung 4K Ultra-HD.

Regards,
Alan

Alan Lofft,
Axiom Resident Expert (Retired)