Well if this is the thread to air one's desires inevitably and heartlessly killed by the reality of financial limitations, then crap, i'm in.

Let's see, visited Axiom over the July long weekend (again thank you Ian, very gracious and always fun!).
Was there to audition the LFR series speakers to replace the M60 Tis in the media room. Want them for the larger soundstage to help with the left/right pull of a placement limitation with the M60s although realistically this is a small thing, not noticeable all the time (say, 10-15% improvement possibly if i were to put a number to it).
Can't get them at this time though (had to settle for a used Axiom Air for now) because oh, let's see, in the course of the past 12 months we've needed to replace (or have done):
  • Furnace
  • AC
  • Windows (some)
  • TV (one died so main floor unit moved upstairs and new main floor Sony was bought...not OLED as i was hoping to get, prices haven't come down enough, tech hasn't progressed enough)
  • Honda CRV (old one got written off when it was rear ended)
  • Wine cellar AC
  • Fireplace chimney
  • Needed radon mitigation
  • Dog needs surgery (upcoming this week)

Know i'm missing a few things at least including several appliance part replacements (bought the parts myself and did the repair but damn, $50 for a stupid washing machine plastic handle???). Since the list got so long i've lost track.
Essentially over $50k spent (or will be) in the last 12 months in NEEDED expenses (small exception for the new tv which is a luxury item still).
The damn LFRs will have to wait.

Last edited by chesseroo; 09/17/17 02:31 AM.

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."