I have been very happy with "only" a 5.1 setup. I have long figured that going from 2.0 to having two surrounds would be a much bigger gain than going from 5.1 to 7.1. But having said that, I am in the mood to tinker with my HT setup and wonder what the best speakers to add would be.

My center is a VP-150, fronts are M60's and my rears are QS-8's. I believe I have my QS-8's connected to surround plugs as opposed to the surround rear plugs.

1) Will I gain much by going to 7.1?

2) Which pair of speakers would be ideal to add and would then where would I place/connect them in conjunction with my current QS8s? To clarify, would I add another pair of QS8 speakers and use them for surround back and surround or would an M22 be better for surround back and keep the QS8s for surround where they are now?

3) My biggest concern is placement. I currently have my surrounds against a wall on the Axiom stands. Since my HT room is open at the rear (it is a section of my downstairs basement) I am not sure where to even place additional speakers. If they need to actually be in the rear facing the tv screen I may have to pass. I could possibly mount them on the ceiling but that may be more trouble than it is worth.

Thanks.

Greg