hey folks! 10yr 5.1 Axiom owner here: M80s (v2), VP150, QS8s, ADA-1500 (big vaulted room!), Onkyo 805, FLAC files stored on PC, Sonos wifi network.

In stereo mode, with just the M80s, either the sound has deteriorated or I've become more picky over the years, but I find the upper midrange annoying- as I get fatigued by it quickly. After 20 minutes of listening, even at moderate volumes, I need to turn it off.

I'm wondering....I originally had files stored as Apple Lossless, and managed with iTunes. A couple years back I had some file corruption problems (that Andrew helped me to identify), and converted everything to FLAC (I forget the program name that I used to make the Apple Lossless to FLAC conversion). I'm worried more corruption may have happened to the files.

SO..I'm considering starting all over again. Maybe building a dedicated Windows based server, but at least ripping my CDs again and making fresh FLAC files directly from the CDs.

Good idea? if so...what program for ripping and managing is recommended these days? I like to keep it simple..I'm no IT genius.

For my Sonos system...would putting a DAC in the stream somewhere (downstream from the Sonos Connect?) help?

My system images great, with amazing soundstage, but like I said the upper midrange is too much, and I'd love to gain some 3D clarity. There's a Deep Forest track, "Savana Dance", that has a great 3D effect of a toy train running around your head that I can't get with my system (that I used to with my old Legacy Classic speakers).

Sorry for the long post. You folks are always so helpful. Let me know if this post belongs somewhere else.

Cheers- Brady