Originally Posted By Newf
Originally Posted By cb919
Get both and write a review comparison! grin
I want to hear some real world opinions on that new 16 incher from SVS!

Cheers,

Yeah I 2nd that! because all keep seeing is the hype train over and over. The SVS certainly looks impressive, but as an owner of a SB2000 and PB2000 from them I personally feel SVS is overrated.

Good morning,

I am new to this forum and still trying to work my through the settings on posting comments; I hope that I have done it correctly.

I have not owned any Axiom subs, however I just ordered a new EP500 which I'll have in a week or so. What moved me to purchasing from Axiom, sight unseen and and unheard is simply due to my ownership of a pair of Rosewood Bryston Model T main speakers which are in my opinion as good as it gets. Axiom builds the speakers for Bryston and based on the quality of the Bryston's I am good to go with anything from Axiom.

That being said, I have owned over the past year a Pair of SVS Ultra Towers (one crossover failed and the speaker was replaced), the SVS Ultra 16 sub (amplifier failed within the first 2 hours of operation and the speaker was replaced with another), SVS PC 12 plus (driver voice coil melted down two weeks after purchase) Second SVS 12 plus which was the replacement for the first failed one (Voice coil melted down 4 weeks after receiving it) this speaker was replaced with the PC13 Ultra with a payment for the upgrade to what was thought to be a more reliable sub. PC 13 Ultra amplifier failed 2 weeks after receiving it.

I decide to just keep using a 15 year old Def Tech PL 15 Plus with the 500 watt amp (it actually was still working after suffering a lightning hit) and it's been in service for a decade and a half.... the driver just started to wear out and the cost of replacing the driver is perhaps an option, but I decide to order the EP500 and go for new. I still might replace the old driver in the Def Tech, but I will decide on that once I put the Axiom into service and try it out and if it works better with my Model T''s, I might just pick up another EP 500 or EP 800 as the second sub.

Trust me, I really play the Model T's a lot and loud and they are bi-amped from a Parasound A51 putting in 400 watts per section (800 watts total into each speaker divided) at 4 ohms. They are amazing speakers, zero distortion, extremely dynamic and fill a very large room perfectly. I cannot say enough about the quality of these speakers. I look forward to the Axiom sub (very impressed with the build quality of the amp with the large wound transformer vs. what I saw in the SVS amps when I opened them up for testing).