Craig,

Funny you mention the PC 2000. That was the first sub I tried on Demo from SVS via my selling dealer. I thought it was a pretty good performer for the money. In fact I liked it better than the Ultra 16, but then again the one I had was not working up to par.

The PC12 Plus and the PC Ultra 13 were better than the PC 2000, less mud, but both of those units failed. For $800 US, the PC 2000 isn't bad. But the EP500 for not much more money is a much higher end piece and certainly built with far more quality in my opinion and it's a flatter more linear sound to it, no accentuated low notes.

I think that one sub of any type is not going to be the winner of both music and HT. You have to choose which direction you want to go or have dedicated rooms for both independently and set up appropriately. I am all music as I rarely watch movies (spend my video time in front of the current events/political cables shows).

Based on what I am hearing, I should probably add the EP800 into the room with the EP500, that might give me the additional low end power and still keep all the drivers in the same lineage for best overall balance. The EP500 will remain in the alcove where it currently sits as my plan is to build it into the bar area by the doors going out to the deck.

Slim