Mr. Chesser,

I have used the PC 2000, the PC 12Plus and the PC13 ultra. All performed nicely, but in my opinion the quality control is not good at all as I suffered 4 failures within a 6 month timeframe. SVS is Chinese and my experience with any goods out of China is that you have to be very cautious. The other companies you list I have no knowledge of, but check to see where they are built.

I switched over to Bryston and Axiom as it's built in North America and the build quality is evident the minute you pull it from the boxing. As far as sound goes, I have not heard anything I like more than the Bryston Model T's I own. The Axiom EP500 is not as hit you in the chest powerful as some other subs, but then again, you could opt for the 800 as Craig states as being right up there with the best in the business for output and slam. It all depends on what you are trying to look for.

I'd go with locally made gear at a facility with people who care about what they are building. Not to mention, from what I have learned, they do have a lot of hands on engineering experience.

Slim