Originally Posted By brendo
80hz is the most recommended from most AVR. manufacturers especially those with the THX certification.
It is essentially setting your speakers to a small setting though the biggest of small. Which itself is good since you have subwooferage for the low notes.

I myself have the M80s and a EP500 as part of my home theater. Was previously an Onkyo and Integra user those A.V.R.s would always set all my speakers to 40hz. almost cancelling out my subs I usually reset them to 60hz since I use an external 3 channel ADA1250 have no worries of power with lower setting.

Now in the last week have joined the Axiom/Anthem club which the Anthem MRX720 finally set my crossovers to 80 itself?{weird first time}

With your external Amperage. you could safely have crossover as low as you want without any power concerns. Unless you have it at 11 continuously.

Congrats

This is quite an interesting thread as most of us have been mentioning a showdown of the 2 brands for quite sometime now.
Although not a showdown a fun read

Yes I am running a separate amplifier in class A, A/B as the power rises. I have two channels of the amp running to each main speaker in bi-amp configuration. At 4 ohms on the Bryston's it's 400 watts to each section. So I don't have to worry about robbing power. It was a pretty impressive difference bi amping, more dynamic output. I don't wish to steal two of the channels to do any surround sound application at this point,.

I have a friend who has Model T's and Middle T's (for his room the Middle T's work better, less overloading). He also run's Parasound amps. He has the A31 three channel and a pair of JC1 mono blocks which look identical, but he tells me the difference in performance is night and day, he hears things on the JC1's he cannot hear on the A31. I forget what he told me the JC1's run for output at 4 ohms, but I think its something like 900 watts per channel.

Last edited by Slimpikins; 12/14/17 02:37 AM.