Actually what I find is that the output level of vinyl records varies greatly with the vintage. The older late 60's stuff like Easy Rider sound track and Eric Burden or Thelma Houston all seem to be lower. My late vinyl such as Don Henley or The League are very similar to digital recordings. I think that the quality of the original masters were better at the late stage of vinyl before everything switched over to CD's. My Timo Maas CD which was recorded in Germany around 2003 is so well done, it approaches the vinyl quality.

I wonder if Andrew would be able to design an outboard control to plug into the USB ports of the subs which would allow for either remote control of the crossover settings or at least an auxiliary pot on a cable which could be mounted on the wall at the sub, that would be very handy to enable making changes with various music. I am amazed at how much the crossover effects the performance of the subs simply based on the recorded music being played. It's not really a set it and forget it type of control.