Originally Posted By Ian
There is a lot of info in this thread. From what I gather we need to add a control for boosting the "in-your-gut" bass frequencies, remove all the control knobs and switches from the back of the amp, and make the whole thing controllable from an Apple App, Android App, or WebUI. Is this correct? Did I miss anything?

On some other points brought up:

Steve is working on all the subwoofer product pages right now. They should be all updated in the next week. This is desperately needed!

The current drivers for all our subwoofer models have an aluminium dust cap; this method of construction gives us the highest level of heat-sinking from the voice coil.

Where the EP600 can make a lot of sense is if you want to run two or four subwoofers. Two EP600s is like one EP800 split in two. The two EP600s actually have move cabinet volume and amp power then the one EP800. Of course two or four EP800s is sub nirvana; TAM knows this already.

One of the greatest things with our subwoofers is the amplifiers that Andrew has designed. The linear power supply and high capacitance storage gives them excellent dynamic headroom and great properties when they hit max power due to the toroidal transformer. In music and movies it is the dynamic power capabilities that matter, not the continuous RMS output, but all the attention is given to the continuous output spec. This makes some sense in that the continuous RMS output is something that can be measured in a consistent fashion. Though I wonder about the ones that manage to have more continuous output than the wall socket they use can supply.

Ian, I'd not opt for cell phone app control... too much risk of issues. I'd do an out board controller, something which could be plugged into the amp on the subs via a cable and not subject to software corruption. The cable would allow the user to place the controller where it's best for each room.

My experience thus far with the EP500 is that I like it a lot. It's super smooth. However I play with the controls to dial it in for what I am listening to based on the music source. An out board control would be fun.