In my room with the corner placement, the bass was reinforced unnaturally - it was muddy. Not really the speaker's fault as previous speakers there also exhibited the same behavior. I EQ'd some of the bass out of the sound with my amp but I still wasn't happy.

I made some plugs & stuffed them into the rear ports. The muddiness & excessive bass magically disappeared & I was able to EQ back to flat. All is well.

I used the M3s this weekend while decorating our Xmas tree. I put 5 Christmas CDs into the changer & played them for hours. Many were large orchestral works & choirs (TELARC), some New Age along with some Xmas Blues - the sound was most pleasing.

BTW - I must put in a plug for one of my blues buddies. If anyone is a blues fan, our superb local bluesman David Gogo (his real name & 2017 Maple Blues Guitarist of the Year) on Vancouver Island put out a Christmas album in 2012 that is really entertaining to listen to. Nice change from the ubiquitous Christmas stuff. Sample it here:

http://www.davidgogo.com/music/xmas.php

BTW - the Gogo family has operated a large Christmas Tree Farm just south of Nanaimo for decades. Check out the promotional video on his 'home web page' at the bottom & you can view him driving his vintage Mustang up to the farm...

TAM