Hi everyone. I have a question.

I bought three M22 in-wall speakers from Axiom. These are the speakers that physically go into the wall, and are not mounted on the wall. They worked great for a week or two, until one of the speakers started making a buzzing sound. I told Axiom, and they said that based on my receiver and all the other information I gave them, that it was definitely a problem from the speaker. The buzzing was coming from the bottom port, so they sent me another port to replace it.

Meanwhile, another one of the speakers starts buzzing. Again, from the bottom port. During this time, the new port arrives so I replace one of them and the problem has been fixed. A few days later, the third speaker started making a buzzing sound. So, at this point, all three original speakers have started buzzing. Two of them made the buzzing sound from the bottom ports, while the third speaker is buzzing from the first port.

Does anybody have any ideas? I highly doubt three speakers had a manufacturer defect, so I'm thinking it's a problem within my setup. However, I did replace one of the ports with the new port they sent me, and it has solved them problem -- so far. I don't know if it'll go out, but it looks to be fine since. I want to replace these speakers with on-walls and put the speakers to the side instead of behind the screen. Is there a way of checking if the problem is electrical, or is it definitely a speaker problem?

I don't know if it matters but I'm using a Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH. The room is roughly 11'x16'.

Where words fail, music speaks