To set up a discussion....
Now that Axiom has powered speakers
Seems like the next step would be to add a DSP.
- what kind of improvements could we expect with an active crossovers?
- would the future of audio be to send the signal to each speaker digitally?
- does Room correction and surround processing need to be done centrally or can some of it be offloaded to a DSP enabled speaker?
- would adding a mic at a speaker help with speaker/room calibration (like apple's unit)?
- would the extra cost be worth it?
Just off loading some thoughts as I search for a pre-pro and attempt to redesign my room (for the Nth time ... )
Last edited by rrlev; 03/05/18 09:58 PM.