Originally Posted By TDIPablo
Originally Posted By brendo

Now comes the anticipation of the next 3 months.

Gives me time to decide if I need to upgrade my receiver to handle the 4ohm load. On the one hand, it will be the only 4ohm speaker in the setup and I'm upgrading the sub to handle the more power demanding lower end. On the other hand, my Onkyo TX-NR656 is only rated for 6ohm (though does spec 3,4, and 8 ohm dynamic capabilities).

My question is, am I more likely to damage my amp or speaker if my receiver is under powered? I only listen at moderately loud volumes for movies and my Onkyo is moderately well ventilated (maybe I need a fan in the cabinet when running movies?).

The amp is what i would be concerned about and its ability to provide the necessary current required by the 4ohm load. This is relative to room size and volume level. Heat is your enemy, whether its an automatic transmission or you AVR you must expel the heat since the receiver is passively cooled adding a fan will help immensely. Think of heat like a slow death by a thousand paper cuts, it can be a slow death of your equipment by running the components at the high temp end of their specs.

These are popular https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01LW1Q4X9?tag=vs-avsforum-convert-cdn-20

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry